UPDATES & PATCH NOTES
patch notes – XBOX V1.04
April 6th 2022
- Controller, and keyboard + mouse (Win 10 only) controls are now fully rebindable! Rebinding can be found under the Options menu.
- Auto-save feature. Game now saves when the player sleeps.
- ‘Help! I’m Stuck’ option has been added to the pause menu. Teleports the player to a safe area if stuck in the environment.
Main Menu / UI
- Improvements to the Boiling minigame.
- Improvements made to UI navigation.
- Able to navigate menus using the D-pad.
- Able to navigate shop UI with controller bumpers.
- Able to hold down buttons to navigate sections of the journal and when adding / removing multiple items while selecting quantity.
- Adjusted the page scrolling to carousel through items.
- “Show/hide completed” preference in Task journal is saved permanently.
- Fixed an issue where hidden tasks remained hidden when there were no active tasks in the journal.
- Expanded Options menu; more added to Audio and Graphics.
- Options menu will no longer default to English after rebooting the game in a different language.
- Audio tracks no longer persist when exiting to the Main Menu and overlap the main theme.
- Other minor updates to the UI.
- Improvements to performance with less screen tearing. (Ongoing issue which will be further improved over the course of future updates).
- Fixed an issue where save data would break when connecting a controller during the splash screens.
- All active controllers are now all assigned to Player 1 until co-op is triggered.
- Co-op can now be played with one keyboard and one controller.
- Co-op now only triggers by selecting it through the pause menu and pressing the requested key/button.
- Fixed an issue where River got stuck upstairs in the Player’s home after ending Co-op.
- Save/Load button prompts no longer spillover the borders of the screen.
- Restaurateur achievement unlocks only when all requirements are reached.
- Ramp added to the small beach behind the player’s home.
- The Two Cats can now be docked at the Marina Docks.
- The Two Cats can no longer be entered if it’s fully damaged.
– The Dinghy now moves regardless of whether the Two Cats is fully damaged.
– The Dinghy no longer sinks.
- Players will no longer fall through the door of the cabin.
- During co-op, the player will no longer be soft blocked if attempting to assist while collecting fish from a net.
- During later stages of the game, the player’s extra vending machine is now fully visible.
- The ramps have been recovered at the Cozy Cavern.
- Other minor issues addressed.
FIXES CONTAINING SPOILERS
- Door will now open before River walks through during her first cutscene.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when loading previous save data during Ruin of Ships encounter.
- Quick time events during the Ruin of Ships’ encounter no longer fail instantly.
- Fixed an audio issue where the Ruin of Ships audio persisted if reloading the game during the encounter.
- If you return to town during the encounter with the Ruin of Ships, its soundtrack will no longer disappear.
- River won’t get stuck when you save and quit during the lobster trap tutorial.
- Lobster tutorial will now progress when started alongside the purchase of a boat upgrade.
- Repair items sold in the Boat Shop are now locked until the Two Cats has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Waffles was in the sea during the Pink Limestone Cove cutscene.
- Storm Fish is only visible when its quest is active.
- The dinghy’s acceleration won’t build up and shoot forward while over water currents in the Hot Springs if the map is open or the game is paused.
- When the Ocean Doors are opened and the player visits the Twintail Lake straight away, the Twin Fish will show at their correct location.
- The player can no longer enter the Crystal Squid’s den before its encounter.
- The Crystal Squid will now release the trash piles during co-op.
- Cloud textures now display correctly in the Astral Planes and around its borders stopping players entering out of bounds areas.
- Fishing line no longer snaps immediately in the Astral Planes while casting to the furthest distance possible.
- Final transmitter can only be placed once its quest is active.
- Updated some of the cutscenes in Chapter 5 where text was missing.
patch notes – STEAM V1.0.2
3rd november 2021
- The game will now auto-save when the player sleeps
- Improved keyboard controls
- ‘Help! I’m Stuck’ has been added to the pause menu, which sends the player to a safe area if stuck in the environment.
- V-Sync added to the options menu
- Quick time events during the Ruin of Ships’ encounter no longer fail instantly
- All active controllers are now assigned to Player 1 until co-op is activated
- Co-op can now be played with one keyboard and one controller
- Co-op now only starts by selecting it through the pause menu and pressing the requested key/button. The controller that presses it becomes Player 2
- Save/Load button prompts no longer spillover the borders of the screen
- Player’s extra vending machine, which becomes available later in the game, is now fully visible
- Boat repair items sold in the Boat Shop are now locked until the boat is unlocked
- Door will now open before River walks through it during her first cutscene
- Ramp added to the small beach behind the player’s home
- Cozy Cavern recovered its ramps
- Chipmunk now plays its animations
- Other minor issues addressed
FIXES CONTAINING SPOILERS
- The Storm Fish only visible when its quest is active
- Final transmitter can only be placed once its quest is active
patch notes – XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S | X & microsoft store (Gamepass included)
29th october 2021
- Map will now open as intended when saving and loading game before your boat, the Two Cats, is fixed in Chapter 1
- Fixed an issue where the dialogue audio settings would reset after restarting the game.
- You can now select bait during River’s fishing tutorial
- Changing your name in Options no longer blocks the game
- Time, now, also passes for lobster traps when player sleeps
- Lobster traps will now always stay full when loading your game save
- Improved readability of cooking prompts during cooking tutorial
- If you’re playing in English, the word ‘Order’ will be displayed while shopping (instead of the French ‘Commander’)
- Claire won’t be obstructing the player’s net while net fishing at Central Beach
- Shizuka is not longer photo-bombing Casper’s side quest cutscene in Central Beach
- Shizuka’s ukulele is no longer neon pink
- Removed the black shadows which were present on Central Beach and North Beach
- The rocks which are blocking the entrance to the Pink Limestone Cove will no longer sink during a cutscene
- Water no longer missing during Ice Fishing
- Claude is now present during his lighthouse cutscene in Chapter 4
- Fixed a typo in the credits
FIXES CONTAINING SPOILERS
- You can now help remove the Ruin of Ships’ harpoons in any order without being blocked
- You can now place the final transmitter before completing the previous task in Chapter 5
- Player won’t fall through the world after placing the final transmitter in Chapter 5
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Our Discord community is run by our friendly Community Manager Ray who will help you feel right at home!
Join to talk and play with other Moonglow Bay fans, take part in giveaways, see sneak peeks and have a lot of fun.
You must be 13 years of age or older to join our Discord community
Moonglow Bay – ©Bunnyhug LTD 2021 – Published under license by Coatsink Software Ltd
All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners